The Alberta Network for Safe and Healthy Children (ANSHC) is a multidisciplinary group of professionals from across the province who are interested in collaborating to prevent the maltreatment of children. The Network strives to connect organizations and provide information to families on effective parenting. Members from Public Health, Enforcement, Human Services and other community agencies identify trends affecting children in our communities and work on prevention priorities. Our mandate is to work from a community development perspective.
- The Stollery Children’s Hospital- Child and Adolescent Protection Centre (CAPC)
- The Red Cross Society
- Child and Family Services
- Healthy Families – Home Visitation
- Human Services – Child Intervention policy/ programs/ practice
- Alberta Health Services – Injury Prevention and Health Promotion
- Father Involvement Initiative – Alberta Dads
- Alberta Home Visitation Network Association (AHVNA)
- Edmonton Police Services – Zebra Child Protection Centre
- Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre (CAC)
- Caribou Child and Youth Centre
- University of Alberta- Nursing Department
- Association for Communities Against Abuse
We are currently seeking representation from Aboriginal, Metis, Rural, Multicultural and other Provincial Networks related to the prevention of child abuse and promotion of family wellness.
Please contact us to discuss how you can contribute.